what garbage affixes do i have to deal with this week?
BFA LAUNCH! (no keystone modifiers)
New in Battle for Azeroth
Mythic plus will launch three weeks after Battle for Azeroth is released (September 4th). Here are a few new changes that are coming to mythic plus dungeons in Battle for Azeroth:
- Tyrannical and Fortified changes: Tyrannical and Fortified are now keystone level 2 affixes meaning one will always appear on a keystone.
- New affixes: In addition to other new affixes, Battle for Azeroth is introducing "seasonal affixes", a fourth affix that will be applied to a keystone for the duration of a mythic plus season. The first seasonal affix that is live on the BfA beta is called Infested. One other new affix called Relentless has been datamined, but has not been seen in game yet.
- You are now unable to swap gear after a mythic plus dungeon has begun (once the timer has started).
- Threat generation from tanks is now greatly reduced - and some new mobs will outright drop threat.
- The weekly chest can now contain up to 3 pieces of loot, including one piece of Azerite armor. It will also contain Azerite (aka Battle for Azeroth artifact power).
- Gear restrictions:
- Threat changes:
- Weekly chest loot adjustment:
a raider.io and mythicpl.us collaboration
Take a look back at all the juicy mythic plus stats from Legion
What is an "affix"?
An affix is a modifier applied to a mythic keystone at certain levels. As of Legion, those levels are 4, 7, and 10. One affix from each pool is applied each week on a set schedule.
Level 2 affixes
(these occur on all keystones)
Level 4 affixes
(these occur at +4 keystones)
Level 7 affixes
(these occur at +7 keystones)
Seasonal affixes (+10)
(these occur on all keystones throughout the season at keystone level 10 and do not rotate weekly for the duration of the season)
Weekly schedule for affixes
|1 (+4)||2 (+7)||3 (+10)|
Complete a Mythic Keystone run within the timer to upgrade a keystone to the next level. Example: keystone level 2 to keystone level 3.
Complete a run with 20% of the timer remaining and upgrade it 2 times in one go. Example: keystone level 5 to keystone level 7.
Complete it with 40% of the timer remaining and upgrade it 3 times in one go. Example: Keystone level 5 to keystone level 8.
Didn't make the timer? That's ok. Your keystone doesn't deplete anymore, it just levels down by 1 and randomizes the dungeon. Example: keystone level 5 for Blackrook Hold to keystone level 4 The Freehold.
Don't have a keystone? Running a mythic plus dungeon will net you a key at the end of the run. You can also get a key from any regular mythic dungeon. This keystone will be one level under the dungeon you complete.
Example: you complete a The Freehold +16 - the chest at the end will have a random +15 key in it. Example 2: you completed a +0 The MOTHERLODE!! - the chest at the end will have a random +2 key in it.
Instance Timer and Requirements for "Level Jumps"
|Name||Par time||+2 keystone levels||+3 keystone levels|
|Atal'Dazar||39:00||31:12 (7:48 left on the timer)||23:24 (15:36 left on the timer)|
|Freehold||30:00||24:00 (6:00 left on the timer)||18:00 (12:00 left on the timer)|
|The MOTHERLODE!!||39:00||31:12 (7:48 left on the timer)||23:24 (15:36 left on the timer)|
|Shrine of the Storm||39:00||31:12 (7:48 left on the timer)||23:24 (15:36 left on the timer)|
|Temple of Sethraliss||33:00||26:24 (6:36 left on the timer)||19:48 (13:12 left on the timer)|
|Tol Dagor||33:00||26:24 (6:36 left on the timer)||19:48 (13:12 left on the timer)|
|The Underrot||30:00||24:00 (6:00 left on the timer)||18:00 (12:00 left on the timer)|
|Waycrest Manor||39:00||31:12 (7:48 left on the timer)||23:24 (15:36 left on the timer)|
|Kings' Rest||33:00||26:24 (6:36 left on the timer)||19:48 (13:12 left on the timer)|
|Siege of Boralus||39:00||31:12 (7:48 left on the timer)||23:24 (15:36 left on the timer)|
|Level||Loot at the end||Weekly Chest||Azerite armor|
The chest at the end of the run guarantees the GROUP two pieces of loot from the dungeon loot table. If you beat the timer you will be awarded one extra piece of loot.
In addition, roughly every 3 difficulty levels past 15 will award you with an additional piece of loot. (after 15 it's an additive 40% chance per key level for extra loot. +16 has a 40% chance of extra 1 item, +18 has a 100% chance for an extra item (20% chance for two) and +20 has guaranteed 2 extra items for 5 items total.
Example time! You beat a level 15 keystone within the timer and your group is awarded 3 pieces of loot. Later, you beat a level 18 keystone within the timer and your group SHOULD BE awarded with 4 pieces of loot. Repeat every 2 levels. 20 = 5 pieces of loot, 22 = 6 pieces of loot, etc. This behavior is subject to change come Battle for Azeroth and will need confirmation.
At the start of a week (after raid/mythic reset) a chest will appear in your order hall giving up to 3 pieces of loot, including one piece of Azerite armor. It will also contain Azerite (aka Battle for Azeroth artifact power). The loot ilvl is determined by the highest keystone level dungeon COMPLETED the previous week, within the timer or not.
In addition, the chest will also have a downgraded keystone based on the highest level keystone run completed in the season, degrading by 1 level every week you don't complete a run higher than your previous highest.
Example: You complete a +19 one week and it is your highest completed run. Next week you get a +18 keystone from your chest. That same week you don't complete anything higher than a +18. Next reset you get a +17 key from the chest.
It is most beneficial to complete a +15 weekly to get the highest item level gear every reset. If that isn't feasible go for the next highest you can complete. Again, you don't need to finish in the timer to get the weekly chest.
*It will be most beneficial to complete a +10 every week to get the highest gear value from your weekly chest.
Note: addons may be out of date/non-functional due to prepatch!
- GottaGoFast - All-in-one mythic+ timer. Shows % value of mobs on tooltip, timers required for +2/+3 chest and times that objectives are completed.
- Angry Keystones - Another take on the keystone/mythic+ timer. Displays affix rotation schedule and current affixes as well as providing chest timers and kill count % ingame. Also styles keystone links ingame to show you what dungeon they're for.
Keystone and group information
- Raider.io Addon - Hover over players in the world, guild, etc and get their raider.io score. The addon comes with an updater client to automatically get people's scores from raider.io!
- Astral Keys - Shows keys for guild mates, Battle Net friends and alts. It also shows if your friends/guildies have done a 15+ or not!
- KeystoneQuery - Queries other people in guild or group with the addon to see what keystones people have.
- Keybooster 2.0 - Inserts whispered keystones into the default LFG UI. Useful for boosting/carry groups.
- Mythic+ Friends Discord - The largest M+ Discord server. I lurk here!
- Mythic+ and RBGs - Find RBG or M+ groups. Central focus on pushing high keystones. NA groups.
- Mythic+ EU - Same as above but for EU groups.
- RU MythicKeys - Russian group finding and key pushing server.
- mythicpl.us - Official mythicpl.us Discord! Used for fact gathering and fact checking.
Stats, tools, and guides
- raider.io - Raider.io has all kinds of tools including character specific M+ tracking, successful run comp tracking, and ranks for m+ dungeons. Community created! Their addon is probably the most useful group building/vetting addon you'll find as it uses their scoring system to show you how experienced players are.
- Questionably Epic - Voulk (a great community member) wrote some awesome guides for Legion M+ and built an addon that provides tips and strategy reminders throughout dungeons. Really great stuff. Community created!
- MPH - (Mythic Plus Helper) Looks up group candidates and returns ilvl equipped/highest, total mythic plus runs and legendaries! Be sure to get the addon for ease of use. Community created!
- Medivh's Raider's Lexicon - BE THE MOST YOU CAN BE. Medivh's lexicon gives tips on how to maximize your loot gain so you're ready to destroy keys as early as possible. Its usefulness cannot be overstated. Medivh has been doing these guides for a long time and they are always grossly comprehensive.
- Explosive affix Weakaura - Highlights active explosive orb nameplates and provides a tracker of active explosive orbs. Great for explosive week!
- TimeToDie Weakaura - Weakaura that tracks time until target death, average kill times, time until boss death, etc.
- A list of dungeon weakuras (with interrupt/cc tracker) - Dungeon specific WeakAuras with a cc tracker.
- RaidCDs WeakAura - A WeakAura to track raid/group utility CDs (i.e Barkskin, Blessing of Sacrifice, etc).
- Effective Health - Magic and Physical - Very useful. It shows you how much physical and magic damage you can take. Based on current health, absorbs, and defensive cooldowns from yourself and others.
You guys keep it all afloat. Thanks for your continued support! Head over to the Patreon page if you feel like becoming a patron!
- Instantsmile Entertainment Productions
- Aspyr & Ulsoga
- Added new affixes
- Added loot details
- Added all timers
- Removed all Legion stuff. Bye bye :(