what garbage affixes do i have to deal with this week?
Week after next
Battle for Azeroth tl;dr
- Tyrannical and Fortified changes: Tyrannical and Fortified are now keystone level 2 affixes meaning one will always appear on a keystone. The damage/health scaling comes out to be roughly the same at +10 as it was before.
- New affixes: In addition to other new affixes, Battle for Azeroth is introducing "seasonal affixes", a fourth affix that will be applied to a keystone for the duration of a mythic plus season. The first seasonal affix that is live on the BfA beta is called Infested.
- You are now unable to swap gear after a keystone run has begun (once the timer has started).
- Threat generation from tanks is now greatly reduced. Some enemies will drop threat throughout encounters.
The weekly chest can now contain up to 3 pieces of loot, including one piece of Azerite armorThe weekly chest will container either one piece of regular dungeon loot or one piece of Azerite armor. (this is the only way you will obtain Azerite armor from mythic plus, it will not drop in the end-of-run chest). It will also contain Azerite.This change was reverted. The end-of-week chest will now contain one piece of gear, either dungeon loot or Azerite armor. It will still contain Azerite.
- Gear restrictions:
- Threat changes:
- Weekly chest loot adjustment:
a raider.io and mythicpl.us collaboration
Take a look back at all the juicy mythic plus stats from Legion
What is an "affix"?
An affix is a modifier applied to a mythic keystone at set levels. Different combinations occur every week, with the combinations eventually repeating on a set schedule.
Explaining affix difficulty
Affix difficulty ratings are crowdsourced, meaning they are assigned a difficulty based on user feedback. I will be rolling out a new survey when we've seen more of the affixes and how they play in the new dungeons.
Level 2 affixes
(these occur on all keystones, alternating weekly)
Level 4 affixes
(one affix will occur at +4 per week)
Level 7 affixes
(one affix will occur at +7 per week)
Seasonal affixes (+10)
(these occur on all keystones throughout the season at keystone level 10 and do not rotate weekly for the duration of the season)
Weekly schedule for affixes
|Baseline||2 (+4)||3 (+7)||Seasonal (+10)|
Group makeup barely matters at low keystone levels. There is little reason to sweat your group composition on keys below 5-6. Bring the player, not the class.
That being said, your group composition will always be one tank, one healer, and three DPS. Multi-tank strategies are not viable.
It's important to build a group that is well rounded in order increase your chances of completing a keystone within the timer. This means bringing consumables to make up for gaps in your group composition.
When considering your group composition, it is also to consider what each class can bring to the table. Does your group have:
- Ways to dispel buffs on enemies?
- Ways to dispel debuffs on allies?
- Multiple interrupts or other CC to stop enemy casting?
- Strong CC for difficult trash pulls?
Again, selecting your group carefully matters mostly for higher level keys where the difficulty of the run is often very high. For lower level keystone runs, group makeup is not as important as it is easy to power through most of the content. Just saying. Do what you want.
Mandatory (at least above keystone level 5)
- Current food
- Current flasks
- Current potions
- Repair mount/Auto-Hammer/Jeeves/Reeves
"Missing a class" consumables
- Drums (any tier is fine, they all give 25% haste): makes up for no Bloodlust/Heroism/Time Warp/Hysteria, etc
- War-Scrolls of Battle Shout (attack power buff), Fortitude (stamina buff), Intellect (intellect buff): makes up for no warrior/priest/mage, respectively
Optional/niche/high key consumables
- Invisibility potions (used for skipping troubling trash packs at high key levels)
- Tome of Tranquil Mind (you are allowed to step out of the instance to change talents using a tome)
Complete a keystone run within the timer to upgrade a keystone to the next level.
Example: Your group completes Atal'Dazar +6 in 37 minutes and 32 seconds. The par timer is 39 minutes, the keystone levels up from level 6 to level 7 and rolls a new random dungeon.
Complete a keystone run with 20% of the timer remaining and upgrade the keystone 2 times in one go.
Example: Your group completes The MOTHERLODE!! +5 in 30 minutes and 54 seconds. The par timer is 39 minutes, so the keystone levels up from level 3 to level 5 and rolls a new random dungeon.
Complete a keysone run with 40% of the timer remaining and upgrade the keystone 3 times in one go.
Example: Your group completes Shrine of the Storm +2 in 19 minutes and 34 seconds. The par timer is 39 minutes, so the keystone levels up from keyston level 2 to keystone level 5 and rolls a new dungeon.
Didn't beat the timer? That's ok. Your keystone doesn't deplete anymore, it just levels down by 1 and rerolls the dungeon.
Example: Your group completes Waycrest Manor keystone level 5 for Waycrest Manor to keystone level 4 for The Freehold.
Don't have a keystone? Completing a keystone run will net you a key at the end of the run. This keystone will be one level under the keystone run level you complete. You can also get a key from the final boss of any Battle for Azeroth mythic dungeon.
Example: you complete a The Freehold +7 - the chest at the end will have a random +6 key in it. Example 2: you completed a +0 The MOTHERLODE!! - the chest at the end will have a +2 keystone for a random dungeon in it.
Time penalty for deaths
Five seconds are subtracted from the timer any time a player dies in a keystone run. While this may seem inconsequential at first, the time lost to death will add up quickly if players die to mechanics frequently. This can easily result in missing the timer.
Instance Timer and Requirements for "Level Jumps"
|Name||Par time||+2 keystone levels||+3 keystone levels|
|Atal'Dazar||30:00||24:00 (6:00 left on the timer)||18:00 (12:00 left on the timer)|
|Freehold||36:00||28:48 (5:12 left on the timer)||21:36 (14:24 left on the timer)|
|The MOTHERLODE!!||39:00||31:12 (7:48 left on the timer)||23:24 (15:36 left on the timer)|
|Shrine of the Storm||39:00||31:12 (7:48 left on the timer)||23:24 (15:36 left on the timer)|
|Temple of Sethraliss||33:00||26:24 (6:36 left on the timer)||19:48 (13:12 left on the timer)|
|Tol Dagor||33:00||26:24 (6:36 left on the timer)||19:48 (13:12 left on the timer)|
|The Underrot||30:00||24:00 (6:00 left on the timer)||18:00 (12:00 left on the timer)|
|Waycrest Manor||39:00||31:12 (7:48 left on the timer)||23:24 (15:36 left on the timer)|
|Kings' Rest||39:00||31:12 (7:48 left on the timer)||23:24 (15:36 left on the timer)|
|Siege of Boralus||39:00||31:12 (7:48 left on the timer)||23:24 (15:36 left on the timer)|
|Level||Loot at the end||Weekly Chest||Azerite armor|
The chest at the end of the run guarantees the GROUP two pieces of loot from the dungeon loot table. If you beat the timer you will be awarded one extra piece of loot.
In addition, roughly every 3 difficulty levels past 15 will award you with an additional piece of loot. (after 15 it's an additive 40% chance per key level for extra loot. +16 has a 40% chance of extra 1 item, +18 has a 100% chance for an extra item (20% chance for two) and +20 has guaranteed 2 extra items for 5 items total.
Example time! You beat a level 15 keystone within the timer and your group is awarded 3 pieces of loot. Later, you beat a level 18 keystone within the timer and your group SHOULD BE awarded with 4 pieces of loot. Repeat every 2 levels. 20 = 5 pieces of loot, 22 = 6 pieces of loot, etc. This behavior is subject to change come Battle for Azeroth and will need confirmation.
At the start of a week (after raid/mythic reset) a chest will appear in your Battle for Azeroth city awarding one piece of loot, either dungeon gear or Azerite armor. It will also contain Azerite (aka Battle for Azeroth artifact power). The loot item lvl is determined by the highest level keystone run COMPLETED the previous week, within the timer or not. NOTE: Azerite armor will not drop from mythic plus runs. The only way to obtain Azerite armor from mythic plus is through the weekly chest.
In addition, the chest will also have a downgraded keystone based on the highest level keystone run completed in the season, degrading by 1 level every week you don't complete a run higher than your previous highest.
Example: You complete a +11 one week and it is your highest completed run. Next week you get a +10 keystone from your chest. That same week you don't complete anything higher than a +10. Next reset you get a +9 key from the chest.
*It will be most beneficial to complete a +10 every week to get the highest gear value from your weekly chest.
- GottaGoFast - All-in-one mythic+ timer. Shows % value of mobs on tooltip, timers required for +2/+3 chest and times that objectives are completed.
- Angry Keystones - Another take on the keystone/mythic+ timer. Displays affix rotation schedule and current affixes as well as providing chest timers and kill count % ingame. Also styles keystone links ingame to show you what dungeon they're for.
Keystone and group information
- Raider.io Addon - Hover over players in the world, guild, etc and get their raider.io score. The addon comes with an updater client to automatically get people's scores from raider.io!
- Astral Keys - Shows keys for guild mates, Battle Net friends and alts. It also shows if your friends/guildies have done a 15+ or not!
- BFA Dungeons - Comprehensive alerts for trash and boss abilities. Covers things bossmods do not. Absolutely invaluable.
- Explosive affix Weakaura - Highlights active explosive orb nameplates and provides a tracker of active explosive orbs.
- Interrupt tracker - Tracks interrupts of your group members inside keystone runs.
- TimeToDie - A no frills time-to-target-death indicator. Useful for timing cooldowns, etc.
- RaidCDs WeakAura - A WeakAura to track raid/group utility CDs (i.e Barkskin, Blessing of Sacrifice, etc).
- Effective Health - Magic and Physical - It shows you how much physical and magic damage you can take. Based on current health, absorbs, and defensive cooldowns from yourself and others.
Stats, tools, and guides
- raider.io - Raider.io has all kinds of tools including character specific M+ tracking, successful run comp tracking, and ranks for m+ dungeons. Community created! Their addon is probably the most useful group building/vetting addon you'll find as it uses their scoring system to show you how experienced players are.
- Questionably Epic - Easy-to-digest dungeon guides and an addon that provides tips and strategy reminders throughout dungeons. Community created!
- MPH - (Mythic Plus Helper) Looks up group candidates and returns item level equipped/highest, total mythic plus runs and Heart of Azeroth level! Be sure to get the addon for ease of use. Community created!
- Mythic+ Friends Discord - The largest M+ Discord server aimed at helping players form groups and teaching new players about mythic plus.
- Mythic+ EU - Mythic plus group finder server for the EU.
- RU MythicKeys - Russian group finding and key pushing server.
- mythicpl.us - Official mythicpl.us Discord! Used for fact gathering and fact checking.
You guys keep it all afloat. Thanks for your continued support! Head over to the Patreon page if you feel like becoming a patron!
Transparency: all Patron money goes to server costs and name renewal. I pay for the DigitalOcean node that hosts this server in bulk payments
- Instantsmile Entertainment Productions
- Aspyr & Ulsoga
- Ryan T.
- Filled out affix schedule.
- Lots of proofreading.
- Added group comp. section
- Clarified examples
- Fixed loot (shoutouts to Blake!)
- Fixed timers (shoutouts to Veana!)
- Noted that the multiple pieces of gear change was reverted