what garbage affixes do i have to deal with this week?
- 1-31-2020: We up to date for Season 4! Thanks to everyone who contributed via Discord, GitHub, and email!
- 2-12-2020: Forgot to mention a few changes:
- Streamlined page load (now pulls from a cached API call instead of forcing clients to call the raider.io API. I should have done this a long time ago, thanks for putting up with my shit, Jah!)
- Removed Google analytics/tracking! (I should have also done this a long time ago. Thanks for putting up with my shit, everyone!)
What is an "affix"?
An affix is a modifier applied to a mythic keystone at set levels. Different combinations occur every week, with the combinations eventually repeating on a set schedule.
Explaining affix difficulty
Affix difficulty ratings are crowdsourced, meaning they are assigned a difficulty based on user feedback. I will be rolling out a new survey when we've seen more of the affixes and how they play in the new dungeons.
Level 2 affixes
(these occur on all keystones, alternating weekly)
Level 4 affixes
(one affix will occur at +4 per week)
Level 7 affixes
(one affix will occur at +7 per week)
Seasonal affixes (+10)
(these occur on all keystones throughout the season at keystone level 10 and do not rotate weekly for the duration of the season)
Weekly schedule for affixes
|Baseline||2 (+4)||3 (+7)||Seasonal (+10)|
Group makeup barely matters at low keystone levels. There is little reason to sweat your group composition on keys below 5-6. Bring the player, not the class.
That being said, your group composition will always be one tank, one healer, and three DPS. Multi-tank strategies are not viable.
It's important to build a group that is well rounded in order increase your chances of completing a keystone within the timer. This means bringing consumables to make up for gaps in your group composition.
When considering your group composition, it is also to consider what each class can bring to the table. Does your group have:
- Ways to dispel buffs on enemies?
- Ways to dispel debuffs on allies?
- Multiple interrupts or other CC to stop enemy casting?
- Strong CC for difficult trash pulls?
Mandatory (at least above keystone level 10)
- Current food
- Current flasks
- Current potions
- Repair mount/Auto-Hammer/Jeeves/Reeves
"Missing a class" consumables
- Drums (any tier is fine, they all give 25% haste): makes up for no Bloodlust/Heroism/Time Warp/Hysteria, etc
- War-Scrolls of Battle Shout (attack power buff), Fortitude (stamina buff), Intellect (intellect buff): makes up for no warrior/priest/mage, respectively
Optional/niche/high key consumables
- Invisibility potions (used for skipping troubling trash packs at high key levels)
- Tome of Tranquil Mind (you are allowed to step out of the instance to change talents using a tome)
- You can no longer use the Proving Grounds to grab a free Healthstone but you can invite a Warlock before start the dungeon.
Time penalty for deaths
Five seconds are subtracted from the timer any time a player dies in a keystone run. While this may seem inconsequential at first, the time lost to death will add up quickly if players die to mechanics frequently. This can easily result in missing the timer.
Instance Timer and Requirements for "Level Jumps"
|Name||Par time||+2 keystone levels||+3 keystone levels|
|Atal'Dazar||30:00||24:00 (6:00 left on the timer)||18:00 (12:00 left on the timer)|
|Freehold||33:00||26:24 (6:36 left on the timer)||19:48 (13:12 left on the timer)|
|The MOTHERLODE!!||39:00||31:12 (7:48 left on the timer)||23:24 (15:36 left on the timer)|
|Shrine of the Storm||42:00||33:36 (8:24 left on the timer)||25:12 (16:48 left on the timer)|
|Temple of Sethraliss||36:00||28:48 (7:12 left on the timer)||21:36 (14:24 left on the timer)|
|Tol Dagor||36:00||28:48 (7:12 left on the timer)||21:36 (14:24 left on the timer)|
|The Underrot||33:00||26:24 (6:36 left on the timer)||19:48 (13:12 left on the timer)|
|Waycrest Manor||39:00||31:12 (7:48 left on the timer)||23:24 (15:36 left on the timer)|
|Kings' Rest||42:00||33:36 (8:24 left on the timer)||25:12 (16:48 left on the timer)|
|Siege of Boralus||36:00||28:48 (7:12 left on the timer)||21:36 (14:24 left on the timer)|
|Mechagon: Junkyard||38:00||30:24 (7:36 left on the timer)||22:38 (15:12 left on the timer)|
|Mechagon: Workshop||32:00||25:36 (6:24 left on the timer)||19:12 (12:48 left on the timer)|
|Level||Loot at the end||Weekly Chest|
The chest at the end of the run guarantees the GROUP two pieces of loot from the dungeon loot table. If you beat the timer you will be awarded one extra piece of loot.
In addition, roughly every 5 difficulty levels past 10 will award you with an additional piece of loot (after 10 it's an additive 40% chance per key level for extra loot). +11 has a 40% chance of dropping one extra item, +13 has a 100% chance to drop an extra item (with a 20% chance to drop another extra item) and +15 has a guaranteed chance to drop two extra items for five items total from the chest.
At the start of a week (after raid/mythic reset) a chest will appear in your Battle for Azeroth city awarding one piece of loot. It will also contain Azerite (aka Battle for Azeroth artifact power) and Titan Residuum, a new currency used to buy targeted Azerite armor. More on that below. The loot item lvl is determined by the highest level keystone run COMPLETED the previous week, within the timer or not.
In addition, the chest will also have a downgraded keystone based on the highest level keystone run completed in the season, degrading by 1 level every week you don't complete a run higher than your previous highest.
Example: You complete a +11 one week and it is your highest completed run. Next week you get a +10 keystone from your chest. That same week you don't complete anything higher than a +10. Next reset you get a +9 key from the chest.
*It will be most beneficial to complete a +15 every week to get the highest gear value from your weekly chest.
|Level||TR in weekly chest|
The weekly cache no longer awards a random Azerite armor piece, but instead awards a new currency called Titan Residuum. Titan Residuum can also be acquired from scrapping or disenchanting Azerite armor pieces.
Titan Residuum can be used to buy targeted Azerite pieces from Thaumaturge Vashreen.
- GottaGoFast - All-in-one mythic+ timer. Shows % value of mobs on tooltip, timers required for +2/+3 chest and times that objectives are completed.
- Angry Keystones - Another take on the keystone/mythic+ timer. Displays affix rotation schedule and current affixes as well as providing chest timers and kill count % ingame. Also styles keystone links ingame to show you what dungeon they're for.
Keystone and group information
- Method Dungeon Tools - Plan out routes, then use a shareable interactive map to make sure your group is on the same page.
- Raider.io Addon - Hover over players in the world, guild, etc and get their raider.io score. The addon comes with an updater client to automatically get people's scores from raider.io!
- Astral Keys - Shows keys for guild mates, Battle Net friends and alts. It also shows if your friends/guildies have done a 15+ or not!
- BFA Dungeons - Comprehensive alerts for trash and boss abilities. Covers things bossmods do not. Absolutely invaluable.
- Explosive affix Weakaura - Highlights active explosive orb nameplates and provides a tracker of active explosive orbs.
- TimeToDie - A no frills time-to-target-death indicator. Useful for timing cooldowns, etc.
- RaidCDs WeakAura - A WeakAura to track raid/group utility CDs (i.e Barkskin, Blessing of Sacrifice, etc).
- Effective Health - Magic and Physical - It shows you how much physical and magic damage you can take. Based on current health, absorbs, and defensive cooldowns from yourself and others.
Stats, tools, and guides
- raider.io - Raider.io has all kinds of tools including character specific M+ tracking, successful run comp tracking, and ranks for m+ dungeons. Community created! Their addon is probably the most useful group building/vetting addon you'll find as it uses their scoring system to show you how experienced players are.
- Questionably Epic - Easy-to-digest dungeon guides and an addon that provides tips and strategy reminders throughout dungeons. Community created!
- MPH - (Mythic Plus Helper) Looks up group candidates and returns item level equipped/highest, total mythic plus runs and Heart of Azeroth level! Be sure to get the addon for ease of use. Community created!
You guys keep it all afloat. Thanks for your continued support! Head over to the Patreon page if you feel like becoming a patron!
- The Affliction Duck
- Aspyr & Ulsoga
- Rob Flynn